Hong kong Divorce & Bankruptcy
Provide you with one-stop consulting strategies
Kingdom Consultancy is a consulting firm which aims to resolve family and civil disputes for our clients. We pride ourselves on putting our clients first and offering them high-quality consulting services for divorce, bankruptcy, will and probate. Even in the most complex family divorce disputes, we are committed to doing everything we can to provide you with the best possible solution, regardless of market changes and the limitation caused by traditional frameworks.
File a Divorce in Hong Kong
It takes five months at the soonest to obtain a decree absolute in Hong Kong.
4-year follow-up services
A suite of services from the bankruptcy application submission to the enforcement of bankruptcy order.
Will & Probate
Will writing services Hong Kong
Drafting a will and providing advice on how to distribute your property to the people you want to leave it to.
Ever since our establishment, we’ve conquered different obstacles in terms of handling disputes regarding varied issues for our clients from different background.
We take pride in helping our prestigious clients to resolve their problems and becoming a consulting firm with reliability and credibility.
Our office is located in Central, Hong Kong, a hidden gem in the heart of the international financial centre. Our goal is to not only serve our local clients, but also to help connect different communities together to build a better society.
One-stop Divorce & Bankruptcy solutions
Nurturing a new generation of leaders
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has always been one of the core values of our firm and we embrace change and welcome diverse talents to join our team. We work with minority and indigenous communities and respect the importance of giving equal work opportunities to different ethnic groups in our society so that it can develop organically and in a diverse way.
Time is the key to the success of everything
Well prepared for each step of the process
Dare to innovate
9am to 1am
Available from Monday to Sunday, including public holidays
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
As a spouse who might be entitled to certain rights may lose these rights after divorce, i.e.
- Ex-spouse’s health insurance benefits
- Tax discount (i.e. tax exempetion for married employees)
- Health insurance from a former spouse’s employer
- Divorce can result in the loss of probate from your ex-spouse’s will (e.g. property specified in your spouse’s will) or the family trust fund benefits
The Court of First Instance and the District Court have jurisdiction to declare a marriage null under the Matrimonial Causes Ordinance if:
- either parties to the marriage was domiciled in or had a substantial connection with Hong Kong at the date of the petition;
- or either parties to the marriage was habitually resident in Hong Kong throughout the period of three years immediately preceding the date of petition;
- or both parties to the marriage were residents in Hong Kong at the date of the petition;
- or the respondent in the proceedings was resident in Hong Kong at the date of the petition;
- or the marriage was celebrated in Hong Kong.
A void marriage is regarded by law as never having taken place.
On the other hand, a voidable marriage is valid and subsisting until declared void by a decree of nullity.
Subject to sections 6 and *23D, no will shall be valid unless—
- it is in writing, and signed by the testator, or by some other person in his presence and by his direction;
- it appears that the testator intended by his signature to give effect to the will;
- the signature is made or acknowledged by the testator in the presence of 2 or more witnesses present at the same time;
- and each witness either— (i)attests and signs the will; or (ii)acknowledges his signature, in the presence of the testator (but not necessarily in the presence of any other witness), but no form of attestation shall be necessary. [cf. 1982 c. 53 s. 17 U.K.]
- A document purporting to embody the testamentary intentions of a deceased person shall, notwithstanding that it has not been executed in accordance with the requirements under subsection, be deemed to be duly executed if, upon application, the court is satisfied that there can be no reasonable doubt that the document embodies the testamentary intentions of the deceased person.
Upon the making of a bankruptcy order, all of your property, wherever it is in the world, including your share of any family home, will vest in your trustee in bankruptcy and will remain vested in your trustee until the administration of your bankruptcy estate has been completed.
The trustee will assess how much of your income you should be required to pay to your trustee for the benefit of your creditors. You will be entitled to retain enough of your income to meet your reasonable domestic needs. Your trustee will decide how much that is.
No, whilst discharge means that you are no longer a bankrupt and are not subject to the restrictions and obligations imposed by the law on a bankrupt, all of your property which vested in your trustee will remain vested in your trustee, who will continue to administer your bankruptcy estate for the benefits of creditors.
Administration of your estate will continue until all of your assets have been distributed amongst your creditors and your trustee has been released.
Hong Kong Consulting Services
As an experienced divorce firm servicing the public for decades, our professional team takes pride in solving our clients’ problems, protecting their interests and take care of different levels of needs.
Please contact us at (+852) 3101-7263 for further information.
Blog Case Study
Older generations have mostly thought about the negative effects of divorce on children, but as time has progressed, in today’s open society, is divorce no longer just a one-way negative effect on children? Will the child be happy that both parents have found happiness in another relationship? 1. Child Custody Case in Hong Kong Child
In a marriage, sex is a very important factor in determining whether two people can feel intimate and happy in their relationship. Assuming that sex is not compatible in a marriage, it is a major risk for the marriage in the long run. If two people are sexually incompatible after marriage, can sexual incompatibility be
We endeavor to enhance the community development. In the aspect of living and work, we manifest our beliefs and visions with our efforts, talents and resources. We take responsibilities for contributing our skills and knowledge to enhance our clients’ quality of life so as to make the community a better place to live.